I've been travelling most of my life as has my husband, Trevor.

I travelled to Guam before finishing high school and spent 2 years on the island. Came back to the states for two years and gingerly headed back to Guam and the sunshine.

I've been in the Pacific Northwest since 1987, having settled down just outside Seattle with Trevor, my son, daughter in law and grandsons, Dan, Amanda Connor and Hayden daughter and grand daughter Kim and Madison.

Trevor and I met in the Travel section of a Barnes and Noble bookstore one New Years eve. We like to say we met between the Caribbean and Germany!

Hobbies. Those should be passions, don't you think?

I've white water river rafted, jumped from an airplane, raced go-carts and have a passion for travel and an adopted passion for steam trains (thanks to Trevor).

Workwise, I managed the West Puget Sound area for the American Red Cross for more than eight years, raised money and awareness for Kitsap Mental Health Services for four years and helped get the Admiral Theatre project in Bremerton, Washington off the ground. Socially, I've been the President of the East Bremerton Rotary Club and have been engaged with numerous worthy non-profit organizations. I have met lots of quality people who share my interest in cultural learning, volunteering and travelling. My favorite project was helping to renovate a hospital in St Lucia.


Trevor and I completed a well-deserved 5-week trip to New Zealand, Tahiti and Australia in 2004 and visited Amsterdam, Paris and Great Britain in 2005 for his parents' 50th anniversary. Then, travelled to Sweden and Denmark for a Rotary International Conference in 2006. In 2007 we travelled to Kauai for Trevor's 50th birthday and back to Great Britain for a couple of weeks with the parents.

Next, we did a "Euro rail" trip of Spain, Portugal and France, ending up in Monaco and Pisa outrunning the rain.

Two years ago we were in Scotland, Germany, Greece and Turkey, always following the sun and backpacking our away around the countryside and meeting very interesting people.

Last winter Trevor embarked on a motorcycle ride from Seattle to Panama. I tagged along for the Nicaragua, Costa Rica and Panama segment of the trip. (I was hooked.)


What Next? Both now semi-retired, we will starting our next adventure in the coming weeks-- a 20,000 mile motorcycle trip through Central and South America.



My philosphy is to enjoy life, participate fully and continue to learn all I can.



Stay tuned. The best is yet to come.



Janet



Monday, September 5, 2011

2004-2009 Travels

Photos from our previous travels may be found on this site:  http://trevorheath.com/travels.html
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment